Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Decluttered Ms S s clothes - one big suitcase of clothes in great condition going to my cousins who need them yay 

Highlighted

Went through a bit of one of Younger Daughter's "Aah, I don't know what to do with all this" baskets today. The ones where she's given up on "proper" room cleaning, dumped everything in the nearest box/basket and put it in the other bedroom... the one Hubby and I want to move into, grr.

Found a few things that should go in the wash, a few kitchen items, a lot of defunct papers, some outright rubbish, enough coloured pencils to last for quite a while, and a bunch of craft goods and toys that I'll need to make "keep or pass on" decisions about.

Am thinking I'll commandeer the pencils. I bought myself one of those "grown ups" colouing books recently, but haven't started it yet. Smiley Happy

Finally tackled the personal study desk stationery storage issue and got some lovely white metal drawers for my desk - all my favourite stationery and papers inside them and my favourite magnets on the outside :-) ... now my desk is super tidy and my pens and note paper are accessible and enjoyable ... 

@Smc @Sophie1 🙌🙌

Tiny steps for me last week, bought some more suspension files and rejigged some paperwork. Got rid of a few more papers and gave away a gift I had brought for mum that she did not want.

@Darcy  Paperwork is the least fun and most arduous to sort - well done !! We have currently misplaced the keys to our locked filing cabinet eeeek ... I’m sure they r in a very safe place sigh ... not sure if I can break into or need a locksmith or just you tube lol ... will google it like everything else yay 

Safe places = yikes @Sophie1 

For urgent assistance, call: