Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating Disorder, Personality Disorder - Need a shoulder ......

im really glad youve found someone suitable @Faith-and-Hope i cna imagine how much stress you wouldve been feeling trying to find someone suitable along with hoping you wouldve found someone by the time uni starts to.

hoping your BP starts to go back to normal now that things are more sorted.

lots of postitive self care sounds like a good plan Heart

It was just so important for S2 and D3 to have a smooth start @outlander, so it was much more than just weather I could find someone so I could go to class ..... taking me out would have taken them out too, and a false start would likely mean they wouldn’t cope, and you can’t do some units and not others either .... it’s not as if I could go part time to get around those two days.  It’s all sink or swim .....

yes of course @Faith-and-Hope
so much pressure on you to get things sorted not only for your wellbeing but for everyone elses too. You are the rock of the family. I am really glad and i will keep my fingers crossed that this carer will be as good as what she seems too.

Do you need to introduce D2 and carer to each other to see if they are a good match that way as well?

One baby dragon meltdown and one baby dragon shutdown later ......

Meltdown looks like it’s over so I hope that one is okay to start tomorrow .... 😔

Shutdown is still shutdown .... hasn’t finalised enrolment yet, but there is still time for that because he took a leave of absence (maybe not fingernails tho 🙁)

Sigh .....

Still, have to celebrate the carer ✅ and just cross everyhing (no peeing, right ?!) and hope for the best.  

It was always going to be a rocky take-off back into the academic year.  Breathe .......

@outlander  not introducing them ahead of time will give them something to do on their first (very long) day.  As long as the carer’s English was clear enough, D2’s isn’t, unless she behaves herself and puts in the effort to speak clearly ..... which I doubt she will do ..... it’s too

much fun for her to lead people up the garden path when she knows they don’t know what her actual ability is.  I have warned the carer tho, and they will work it all out from there.

Baby steps ..... my life is baby steps .....

Yep @Faith-and-Hope no peeing 😘. 

I hope you are asleep. 

Heres hoping that one bd finds enough space to breathe and get going again. Mine used to come home and shut down after their time away. It kind of only feels like he is shut down to breathe. There might be a Mr that has to take this on board more as well, that you have one who needs time to ground and breathe. I have one like that. Pushing him never works. 

Hoping the meltdown is over and tomorrow is good for D3. I so hope she gets stuck in to her course and is inspired by her mama. 

Do you start monday? 

Hugs for the start of something i have a feeling will all work out well. 💜🤗

I am getting more wisdom streaks in my hair this way @Teej ..... 🙄😬

Mr. just stumbled his way through to the bathroom .... his first wake-up for the night .... 🙄

Yes,starting tomorrow and trying to ignore what I can’t control and just get going .....

Will keep you in the loop.

G’night Hon 😘💜💐

hugs @Faith-and-Hope i hope today goes well for you Heart

It’s working out at the moment @outlander.  Meltdown dragon continued this morning on little sleep cos Shutdown Dragon was up most of the night and still noisy in the morning - woke Meltdown with piano practice  ....  who roared again .... 🙄.

I just left for class when I needed to, and Meltdown one has turned up here and is in class as I write ..... Shutdown one is making noises and gentle moves towards getting himself actually enrolled,even if it’s only for one unit this semester ....., one unit will do !!

We are rocky, but we are in the road at least.

@Faith-and-Hope  My psychologist always says a small amount of something we value is a huge win ... compared to having none of what we value in our lives - so ‘take the win’ is always a phrase she encourages me to remember - in the spirit of even if I only walk for ten mins - that’s better than none ... even if I only read my favourite book for 5 mins that’s a win ... glad to see you finding wins each day - keep going ! Xx

Thanks @Sophie1 ..... that’s sort of how my brain works so I really don’t know how else to do it ......

The support from y’all here is wind beneath my wings.

💜💐

For urgent assistance, call: