Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Casual Contributor

I have been with my significat other for well over a decade and just want to speak.

Hey there,

I have been with signficant other for well over a decade.    I love the guy with all my heart and I have been with him prior to his mental illness diagonisis. Over the years our relationship has had many ups and downs.  

Downs are manly caused by his mental illness.   I have joined as I need to speak to others who understand and are not quick to judge.

3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: I have been with my significat other for well over a decade and just want to speak.

@Dewdrop  Hi Dewdrop and welcome Smiley Happy. You have come to the right site no one judges here. We are all in the same boat one way or another. Hoping you enjoy your time here.Love greenpea xx

ps: if you want to talk with someone in particular put a @ infront of their name and they will be sent a notification of your post.

Re: I have been with my significat other for well over a decade and just want to speak.

Hi @Dewdrop 👋

Here and listening 

I'm afraid I don't have any advice but I am also going through a crisis with my husband. He was given a diagnosis of bipolar type 1 just over a week ago. He denies he has it. Meds aren't working fully yet (too soon). He now wants to divorce me as I'm apparently gaslighting him. No.idea what to do!!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone. 

For urgent assistance, call: