Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Senior Contributor

Changing meds

My meds make me 9/10 tired, Dr wants to change the meds in hospital but it's such an inconvenience and my husband finds it such an impact when I am away, I'm feeling so empty and I don't know what to do 😭

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Changing meds

Hello @Angels333 

It has been a long time!  Changing meds is difficult.  I hope your husband appreciates your presence.

Smiley Happy

Yes it has been ages appleblossom, it's been a rollercoaster but found myself in the ditch atm.

@Appleblossom yes, my husband is very appreciative of everything I do, however he misses me too much when I am away, that puts pressure on me.

Its good he cares @Angels333 and if time in hospital is necessary for you, he will cope. I used to be scared of rocking the boat, but it does not need to tip over.

Hugs Apple

Thanks, I love your boat analogy
Hugs back to you ((💙))

Hey @Angels333 , I am finding myself in a similar situation at the moment. I am reducing meds at home (and the withdrawals are bizarre) when in reality I should probably be in hospital. I have just got too much on at home and am due to go away on a short holiday next weekend.

ohhhhhh @Angels333  helllooo you have made my night Smiley Very HappyHeart

Yes @Queenie I think our situation is similar we just have to believe that mental illness deserves to be treated like any other illness.   

@Shaz51 Thanks for the welcome back.  I am struggling a bit, if I can't sleep I'll drop into night shift.  

For urgent assistance, call: